431 Williamsburg Avenue
Geneva, IL 60134


Geneva, IL Post Decree Modification and Enforcement Attorneys

Kane County Post Decree Modification Lawyers

Law Firm Representing Kane County Clients in Post Decree Modification and Enforcement Concerns

Even with the most amicable parting of ways and a clear, logical divorce decree, support order or judgment, one may need assistance with post-decree modification or enforcement issues after their case has been finalized. There are many reasons one may need help, ranging from a parent who has abandoned their responsibilities to a shift in the local job economy that has made it necessary to relocate.

At Serrano Hanson, we strive to provide our clients with representation that balances technical, legal knowledge with real-life, personal experience. When it comes to family law concerns such as post-decree modification or post-decree enforcement, this balance is particularly beneficial to the people we serve and their loved ones. Our attorneys draw on extensive experience in family court rooms as well as their own work in mediation and as Guardians ad Litem to offer clients unique, personal, and effective solutions to their problems.

Post Decree Modification

While one's final divorce decree or paternity judgment may have made sense when the proceedings took place, any number of life events could require a change in the decree. One common reason that individuals seek a post-decree modification is that they have experienced a change in material circumstances that will affect their ability to fulfill their obligations under the current order. For example, someone may have a health issue arise that impacts their ability to work, or they may have been fired from a job and are now unable to find similar employment. If this is the case, an experienced family law attorney from the team at Serrano Hanson can help you file the appropriate petition with the court to get the judgment or order adjusted so that it fairly reflects your current situation.

Post Decree Enforcement

Revisiting a divorce decree may need to occur if the other party has failed to fulfill the terms of a divorce decree or other family court ruling, including:

In these situations, the courts can require the person who has violated the agreement to fulfill their obligations. Often, the courts may deduct the money from the non-custodial parent's wages directly to ensure that the custodial parent is paid promptly and in full, or they can deduct the money from the non-custodial parent's tax refund.

When you need help modifying a divorce decree or enforcing one, Serrano Hanson can help. We have extensive experience in family law, allowing us to offer you a comprehensive perspective and personal guidance as you navigate this challenging and often emotional time in your life. Let us help you acquire what you are entitled to under our laws – contact us today at 630-844-8781 to get started. We serve clients in Batavia, Campton Hills, South Elgin, Geneva, and St. Charles, as well as those found in Kane, DeKalb, Kendall, and DuPage Counties.

Illinois state bar association kane county bar association dupage county bar association dekalb bar association
Back to Top